1) Certified Open: After months of waiting— including hints of a Ghostbuster-themed dessert— one of the summer's most highly anticipated restaurant openings has finally arrived. Montecito is now open for business behind the TIFF Bell Lightbox building.
2) Food Truck Alert: Cool off this summer with an acai-flavored smoothie from one of Toronto's newest food trucks. In addition to the frozen treats, Acai Dreamzz also serves up more traditional Brazailian style acai bowls, topped with fresh fruit. Find out more about the new mobile venture here.
3) Leslieville: Almost everything on the menu at the Leslieville joint Braised is, well, braised, as the name suggests. The menu consists of mostly straightforward European-style fare, with a few twists. Have a look for yourself here.
4) Elsewhere: Kupfert and Kim is set to open a second location in the PATH. Whistler favorite El Furniture Warehouse has opened their Toronto location. Bud's Coffee Bar is coming in August to the Beach. The East End gets another coffee shop in Goat Coffee Co. And Tich Modern Indian Cuisine is ready to take on Lakeshore Blvd. near the edge of Etobicoke. Get all the details here.
· All Opening Report Coverage [-ETO-]